Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Farewell Finland!

This is my last morning in Finland... The excitement is getting tangible as my hands are shaking to an extent that it’s hard to hold a teacup in my hand. I have a long flight ahead of me, but tomorrow at this time I’ll be landing in Seoul, South Korea.

To all of you who have managed to miss my constant blabbering about this topic for the past months, here’s a review:


What?

I´m going to Seoul, South Korea as a part of my studies of the Helsinki School of Economics BScBA Degree Program

When?
From May 11, 2006 to early August, so approximately three months.

To do what?
First I’ll be interning at the Korea Times for one month, then going on a trip around South Korea and finally studying at Yonsei University for a bit less than two months.

Accomadation?
Participating in the university’s Homestay Program, so I'll be living with a local Korean family.

Feelings?
Super-excited, but nervous. Korea is bound to be a totally different culture from what I’m used to. Seoul with 11 million inhabitants will certainly be an experience to remember.


Last night was my farewell party at restaurant Korea House in Helsinki. About 25 friends of mine were there to celebrate the event with me. Thank you everyone for coming, it meant the world to me! Thank you also for all of your wonderful presents. I somehow managed to squeeze them into the depths of my suitcase.





At the Korea House


Afterwards at the Piano Bar. Me with pretty blonde Finnish girls


The dearest


After-afterwards at the Artic Ice Bar.
I hope it's a lot warmer in Seoul.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, May 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad that I could not be there! You'd better keep up the blogging - Korea will surely be like another world!

And stay alive. :p

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

felicidades yuho , como siempre una persona muy inquieta y con grandes alcances , espero no hallas olvidado tu buen español, te queremos mucho los PINEDA MENDEZ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home